Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yasini Shabani Takes A Positive Turn

My name is Yasini Shabani. I am 17 Years old. I was born in Arusha, Tanzania and come from a very  humble family. My parents run small business to keep food on the table, and I often missed school for long periods to help out. I like playing tennis after I finish my studies every day. I started playing  tennis when I was 12 years old. I couldn't  improve my  game as  fast as I would have wanted because I lacked the facilities.
When the Sadili Oval Tennis Team came to my country for a tournament, I played very well with one of   their  top  players although I lost narrowly. Due to this, I got a scholarship the following year to join Malezi  School, and I finally got a chance to have a good education. While at Malezi, I have  played tennis  at the National Secondary  Schools Games for the past three consecutive years for the school team, which have been winners for the last eight years. I have been playing for the Tanzanian national team for 5 years and I have been the Team captain. In 2009, I represented my country in the Africa Junior Championship in Morocco, and I have also played the East Africa ITF 18 and Under Circuits since 2008. I do well  in both my academics and tennis. My dream is to become a tennis  professional in the future and an Architect, because I like to design things.

No comments:

Post a Comment